The School Day
Here is the updated school day commencing from September 2021. There are six 50 minute teaching periods in the day (45 minutes on a Friday), some of which are double lessons.
School starts at 8.30am daily.
- Students who arrive late after the 8.30am bell are greeted by the Attendance Officer who will take down their name and form group. They will then go to their first lesson.
- The gates automatically close at 8.30am and students arriving after this must sign in with the Attendance Officer who will then let them in at the gate.
- Students arriving to school after 8.50am are required to sign in at the Attendance Office.
- Parents are requested to call the school on the first day of a student's absence and must, by law, provide a written explanation of the absence upon their child’s return to school.
- Students are discouraged from taking holidays during school time, but if this is unavoidable, parents must apply in advance to the Headteacher.
- Students who are late will receive a detention for the same day.