The School Day
Here is the updated school day commencing from September 2020. All lessons are 45 minute singles or 90 minute doubles.
8am – 8.30am – arrival and students to Home Classrooms
8.30 – 9.25am – Extended Period 1 to include talking the AM register, a morning welfare check and setup for the day (see explanatory note below about how this will work in practice for each year group)
9.25 – 10.10am – Period 2
10.10 – 10.20 – Break for Year 7 (field), Year 10 (pitches), Year 12/13 (Sixth Form Theatre and Garden).
10.20 – 10.35 Years 7, 10 and 12/13 return to their Home Classrooms for the Daily Quiz
10.10 – 10.25 – Years 8, 9 and 11 in Home Classrooms doing the Daily Quiz
10.25 – 10.35 - Break for Year 8 (field), Year 9 (pitches), Year 11 (outside the Main Teaching Block).
Note the 5 minute window in the middle when all students are inside before going to break zones.
10.35 – 11.20am – Period 3
11.20 – 12.05pm – Period 4
12.05 – 12.30pm – Year 7 Lunch (Seasons, outside Hall, courts and pitches) and 8 Lunch (Sixth Form, field and service road area), Year 9 and 10 Tutor Period with Form Tutors, Year 11/12/13 Recovery Curriculum Time with a range of staff.
12.30 – 12.35pm – All students with their Form Tutor/Recovery Curriculum teacher in Home Classrooms
12.35 – 1pm – Year 11 Lunch (Seasons, outside Hall, courts and pitches) and 12/13 Lunch (Sixth Form, field and service road area), Year 7 and 8 Tutor Period with Form Tutors, Years 9 and 10 Recovery Curriculum Time with a range of staff.
1 – 1.05pm – All students with their Form Tutor/Recovery Curriculum teacher in Home Classrooms
1.05 – 1.30pm - Year 9 Lunch (Seasons, outside Hall, courts and pitches) and 10 Lunch (Sixth Form, field and service road area), Years 11/12/13 Tutor Period with Form Tutors, Year 7 and 8 Recovery Curriculum Time with a range of staff.
1.30pm - 2.15pm – Period 5
2.15pm – 3pm Period 6 (dismissal for double lesson groups starting from 2.55pm)
3 – 3.15pm – dismissal window
School starts at 8.30am daily.
- Students who arrive late after the 8.30am bell are greeted by the Attendance Officer who will take down their name and form group. They will then go to their first lesson.
- The gates automatically close at 8.30am and students arriving after this must sign in with the Attendance Officer who will then let them in at the gate.
- Students arriving to school after 8.50am are required to sign in at the Attendance Office.
- Parents are requested to call the school on the first day of a student's absence and must, by law, provide a written explanation of the absence upon their child’s return to school.
- Students are discouraged from taking holidays during school time, but if this is unavoidable, parents must apply in advance to the Headteacher.
- Students who are late will receive a detention for the same day.